Wings of Hope continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are dedicated to the well-being of patients, families, volunteers and colleagues while following the government rules and regulations. We continue to serve you and provide the best care possible while protecting you. Using science to guide our care procedures, our teams are here to reassure, provide ongoing support, and information in a time of uncertainty.
We regularly care for people with infectious diseases and have careful infection control procedures from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in place, as we do for COVID-19. The safety and well-being of those we serve are our first priority.
We are in constant contact with our local health department, state and national authorities and continually updating our processes according to CDC and Medicare guidelines. Based on these guidelines, here are some of the things we are doing to stay as healthy as possible and prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Continuous education our clinical staff, who have demonstrated their skills and knowledge on infection control when caring for people suspected of or confirmed to have the virus.
- Collaborate with local, state and national organizations to ensure we have adequate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Establish and maintain a COVID-19 Task Force, continuously meeting to ensure we are using the most current care protocols and guidance to mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Direct employees to work remotely when they can and practice social distancing for those who continue to work in the office.
- Coordinate care visits with facilities and communicate between in-person visits with facility staff to ensure quality hospice care.
- Support connecting families with patients in facilities through technology when they cannot visit.
- Honor requests to minimize in-person visits while maintaining quality of care by utilizing technology when appropriate through telephone or video chats. In person visits continue as needed and on request.
- Provide educational materials on COVID-19 to keep everyone informed.
- Screen all who enter our office.
Please feel free to ask any questions about COVID-19 to any member of your hospice team.
Wings of Hope is committed to continuing quality care, while doing all we can to help our community stay as healthy as possible and slow the spread of the virus.